100 things about yours truly.
1. I am the pickiest movie watcher/book reader. My precious, short attention span will only extend itself to stories that are especially interesting to me.
2. I was totally into Barbie growing up. (“We’re into Barbie!” Remember?) I had over 70 dolls, countless accessories and outfits. I quit playing when I was 11, but it never left me. Now, I have The Sims, which is like Barbies/action figures for older people.
3. If I ever have a daughter, I am just buying the essentials: 2 Barbies, Ken, Skipper, Stacy, Kelly, some outfits, and a Dream House. That’s all you need for epic Barbie soap operas.
4. I was a huge Backstreet Boys fan when I was young teenager. Sue me, make fun of me, I don’t care. I was boy crazy.
5. My favorite was Howie. That, you can make fun of me for.
6. I started reading in the first grade, and just took off with it. I was put in advanced reading classes. I could read literally anything you put in front of me.
7. I am an excellent speller. I always aced spelling tests, but never participated in any spelling bees.
8. We moved around a lot when I was a kid. I mean a lot. Just about every year.
9. People tend to think I am “stuck up” when they first meet me, but the truth is I am painfully shy. Social situations I am not entirely comfortable with are literally physically painful for me.
10. I’m very good at remembering names, and even how to spell names. Even weird ones.
11. I wanted to be a screenwriter until I became an adult and realized I need to be able to afford to live.
12. I have amazing hair. It’s at least 3 different colors; it’s thick, yet fine, wavy, full, healthy, and it grows fast. It’s also very versatile. It’s my best feature.
13. I like to sing. I’m an okay singer. I’m better at spelling than I am at singing.
14. I celebrated my 9th birthday at my grandparents’ German restaurant.
15. I was breastfed until I was 4.
16. I rarely, if ever, throw up. (*knock on wood*) I get nauseous all of the time, but I never puke.
17. Until very recently, I wanted to be a journalist. I can’t afford (money or time) to get a bachelor’s degree.
18. I didn’t take Vance’s last name.
19. My favorite movie is Amadeus.
20. My (current) celebrity crush is Alexander Skarsgard.
21. I was born on Long Island. In New York. I’m like Hank Hill.
22. I used to hate being from Texas, and that’s probably because my parents were so proud of it.
23. Now I can’t picture ever leaving.
24. God, I hate doing laundry.
25. I used to be one of those girls who would say, “I don’t like girls.” But now, I could go either way. When you grow up, you realize they aren’t that different. People are assholes in general.
26. That’s not true. I actually really like people, and I enjoy talking to them once I get over my initial discomfort.
27. My oldest brother, who is 14 years my senior, is now one of my closest friends.
28. I am addicted to Make It Or Break It. You know, that stupid teen soap opera that airs on ABC Family all about the gymnasts? I’ve watched both seasons. Twice. I need more.
29. I used to be addicted to Degrassi: TNG until all of the awesome characters, like Emma, and Spinner, and Manny all graduated. The current cast is so very lame.
30. I’m terrified of statues.
31. Madame Tussaud’s wax museum is like Hell on Earth to me.
32. Before my older son was born, I weighed 90 lbs. I look back and can’t believe I was able to sustain, let alone ovulate at that weight.
34. I still wouldn’t mind being a guitar virtuoso like Orianthi.
35. I used to play the bass and the guitar. I never got even remotely good at them.
36. Even though I am super-duper shy, I can still get in front of a crowd and “perform” with no issue.
37. I can’t get into sports. I just can’t.
38. I used to be really into gymnastics. I couldn’t commit to it because we kept moving around.
39. I used to be a huge Bush fan. Gavin Rossdale was my second love, after Keanu Reeves.
40. This was, strangely enough, before I got into boy bands.
41. I didn’t have an actual boyfriend until I was 18.
42. I don’t have a lot of regrets, because I feel like I have gained so much knowledge from past experiences, including the bad ones.
43. I’m a libertarian.
44. And Agnostic
45. I couldn’t finish Atlas Shrugged. John Galt’s speech totally did me in. I just couldn’t get past it.
46. Although I love Hank Rearden and Dagny Taggart.
47. I love fashion, but I can’t see myself spending a ton of money on clothes and make up when I look at my children. They need food and a chance at college more than I need heeled boots.
48. Shopping is great when I am feeling down, though.
49. I remember my favorite childhood books way more than movies from my childhood.
50. As a result, I’ve become obsessed with making sure the boys have the right books, and enough to choose from.
51. Unfortunately, they are just too young to appreciate my efforts.
52. I cry inside whenever my kid rips up one of his books.
53. I love sour things like pickles, lemons, green apples, and kiwi fruit.
54. I hate cherries. Yech.
55. OH GOD and tomatoes! UGH. They have made me gag since I was a little kid.
56. Geddy Lee is my hero.
57. I’m not a clean freak or anything, but clutter drives me fucking insane.
58. This means I am constantly horribly stressed.
59. We have entirely too much stuff for the small space we live in.
60. I was a manager at a pizza place for a short while.
61. I wouldn’t do that again, no matter how much you paid me.
62. I also worked at Ulta and at a fast-food restaurant.
63. Wouldn’t do that again either.
64. Up until I met Vance, my life was really unstable.
65. I hate frogs.
66. My favorite animals are: Chameleons, geckos, giraffes, and zebras.
67. I am on the fence when it comes to snakes.
68. I can’t say I have ever really been “drunk.” I drink “a lot”, and it goes to my head really fast, and then an hour later I am sober and cranky. So, if I do get drunk, it never lasts.
69. Well, there was this one time I drank 4 Smirnoff Ices and then fell asleep. I woke up the next morning dry-heaving. Horrible.
70. Now I’m ultra-careful about drinking water and eating when I am drinking alcohol.
71. I HATE vomiting, but then again, what’s to like?
72. I LOVE coffee, especially frou-frou coffee drinks, but coffee makes me really sick. It’s a once-in-a-while treat for me.
73. I greatly resemble my dad. He’s blonde haired and green eyed, while my mom had dark brown hair and blue eyes.
74. My husband looks more like he could be my brother more than my actual brothers.
75. My favorite vegetable is sweet potato
76. My favorite food is spaghetti with meat sauce
77. I am an awesome cook.
78. I’m a terrible patient. I’m a huge pain in the ass and I don’t always take my meds.
79. I was named after my 2 aunts.
80. Janette is not my first name, and the only people who are allowed to call me by my first name are my dad and various other older family members.
81. I’ve had acne since I was 10.
82. I got my driver’s license when I was 19.
83. I think 16 is too young to get a driver’s license.
84. I love Thanksgiving.
85. I’ve never had the chickenpox. This could be a problem now that I’m a mom.
86. My favorite candy bars are: Milky Way, Reese’s Cups, and Butterfinger.
87. And peanut butter M&Ms.
88. I also love Twizzlers, Starburst, Skittles, and Sour Patch Kids.
89. I used to eat a ton of candy, and now I can only eat it every now and then.
90. I frequently get gastritis if I eat something too sweet or rich.
91. I was raised by a Pentecostal mom. My dad wasn’t really religious.
92. I love cheesecake.
93. And the Golden Girls.
94. I would love to go to medical school. Obviously, we can’t afford the debt or the amount of time it would take.
95. I’d settle for a BA in Biology.
96. I hate the sight of blood.
97. I spend waaaaay too much time on the internets.
98. I experience Vasovagal Episodes from time to time.
99. I’m really neurotic.
100. I love my kids more than I ever thought it was possible to love anyone or anything.