Gunman Opens Fire in Colorado Theater, Kills 12
Why people do things like this? Humans are capable of committing some seriously fucked up atrocities against one another, and this is not even close to being the worst of them. Although, disabling a group of random individuals you don’t know with tear gas, people whom you have nothing against, and then shooting at them, killing some and injuring many more including children, certainly is up there. I hope this doesn’t turn into a debate over gun laws, or becomes in any way politicized because seriously, there just are sick people out there. People who do things like this don’t have any regard for humanity or life, let alone for the written law. Humanity is what it is, and that might involve a lot of risk to take part in, but luckily, most of us probably won’t be part of these unfortunate situations. Most of us will get plenty of opportunities to take part in the times when human being choose to let their humility and compassion shine through. And then we’ll totally take it for granted and choose to focus all of our attention and energy on events like this one in Colorado.
My heart goes out to the victims and their families.
Last night’s episode of True Blood was confusing. This whole season has been weird and disappointing. No, I am not upset that Sookie is no longer screwing Eric or Bill, I don’t wish the current season was anything like the first. I just wish it made sense. Here’s my beef with last night’s episode:
1. So, that’s it? You made a huge deal about Christopher Meloni’s character, making him seem really important only to kill him at the hands of Russel Edgington half-way through the season? Only you might not, because he might not actually be a vampire? Or something? The fuck?
2. Since you have the stake, why don’t you go ahead and drive it through Nora, get that one out of the way. That story line is only compounding the weirdness of this season.
3. Yep, still don’t care about Terry’s weird fire monster. Didn’t care about last season’s baby-ghost thing that dominated the last few episodes. I was more than happy with Terry just being a traumatized war veteran, didn’t need to know anything more.
4. I hate vampire Tara. I wasn’t crazy about her before, but now I hate her.
There’s just too much going on this season. Seriously, every character has some kind of supernatural predicament, or has someone trying to kill them, and it’s getting a bit much. It’s okay if you can’t fit in everyone in a season. You turn them into supporting characters, and then you give them the limelight the next season, that is, if it’s worth caring about. Too many storylines tires me after a bit, and eats up my energy to care about the show in general.
Maybe I’m just bitter because the weather here has been so horrible, and because National Ice Cream Day was such an epic fail for me. Shrug.
After hearing that Gotye song for about the 10,000th time, the 5th time that day alone, I have developed some burning questions. By “burning” I mean, “things that are going to bug the shit out of me until I figure them out.”
1. Do I even need to take the time to type out the title of that song? Seriously, all anyone as to say is “that Gotye song,” and people are immediately all “OMFG I LOVE THAT SONG IT’S MY FAVORITE SONG EVER.”
2. Is it possible to “used” to know someone? Once you exchange the knowledge of oneself with another person, don’t you at least know of that person pretty much for good? I mean, your relationship can change, you stop being friends with someone, you could become enemies, or lovers, but by that point, there is no not-knowing that person. Believe me, if there was a way to “un-know” my ex-boyfriends, I would have figured it out, and that song would make total sense to me.
3. If I hear that song one more time, I am going to rip out my car radio and throw it out of the window while driving down the freeway going at least 70 mph. That’s not a question, I just wanted to get that out there.
The radio is my eternal nemesis. This is the same reason I will never like Adele. I hated that one stupid song about rolling somewhere emotional and soulfully or whatever because they played it every 3 freakin songs. That and I don’t think she’s that great.